Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sleep!!

I forgot to post on Tuesday, but we had Ellie's 1 month doctors appt. She is now 8llbs 5 ounces!! Also, yesterday, Alvana (my sister) came down to visit! It's so great to have her here, and for her to meet her niece. :)
Last night after picking her up at the airport, we all came home and were quite tired so we all wanted to go right to bed. Well, Ellie was ready for her feeding. Since soon after Eliana was born, and when Hannah was unable to breast feed, we had to use some formula to supplement while Hannah was healing. So every now and then, we still use the formula when she isn't able to breast feed. Well, last night I used the formula when I was feeding her to put her to sleep. I figured something out the other day, if you add just a little bit extra formula, making it a little thicker, then she sleeps a little better. So when I fed her last night about midnight, I added a little extra formula. Well, that did the trick! We had to wake her up at about 4:30 this morning to feed her again! You see for the last few days she been going about an hour between feeding at night, which has left Hannah and I a little on the tired side. So, having 4 hours of stright sleep was a HUGE blessing. Hannah fed her from about 4:30 to 5:30 and she then slept till about 7:30. Yeah, compared to recent nights, we had a great night sleep! I am now awake and refreshed! :)
Once everyone else wakes up, i'll upload more pictures. Hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment