Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1st Doctors Visit!

So today Eliana had her first doctors appointment. It was a cute office about a 1/4 mile from our house, so I thought we would check it out and see how we liked it. The waiting room had hardwood floors, so it looked real nice, but had nothing to absorb the sound, so it was loud. Everything had a train decor, so it looked cute. However, I didn't see the nurse wash her hands before touching Eliana, and she didn't have gloves on when she pricked her heal to take blood samples. Also, when the doctor came and checked her out, I didn't see him wash his hands either, and he didn't ware gloves. No one seemed to have very good people skills, it was more of a get them in, get them out mentality. So it was good to check out someplace close to our house, but they didn't meet Mommy's or Daddy's standards, so that's the last time she will go there. Oh, and one other thing that I really didn't like, is they didn't tell the truth. I asked about her hepititus b shot that they gave her today, and asked if it was required by state law to give it to her today. They said it was. Well, I could be wrong, and I have been wrong before, but my understanding, and Grandma's understanding is that it is only required by law that she gets it before attending any public school. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good shot to get, but integrity matters to me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Eliana shouldn't have to get any vaccines that you don't want her to, school age or not... but I'm not sure what the state of Florida accepts as exemptions. If you want to read up on it, check out the book "Vaccinations" by Michael Dye. Very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely! Integrity is a definite must!! Try to find a doctor who won't bully you to vaccinate until you are ready. Bottom line, you are the parents not those doctors! Good for you guys for checking into vaccination information... there is a lot of controversey over it, but it looks like you are on track for making some well informed decisions!

    ReplyDelete