Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Doctor Visit

Today we went to the doctors again. WOW what a difference!! We went to University of South Florida campus at Tampa General hospital. Our doctor that came in was a guy, which at first I guess I would have rather had a woman doctor looking after my daughter. However, he blew me away! He was so great with her, was extremely knowledgeable. Talked with us about what we should be expecting over the coming weeks, stuff that looked good about Eliana, things to keep an eye one. Here's something that he told us, that I would have never known, it is normal for a baby to have 8 messy diapers a day, it is also normal for them to only have one messy diaper in a week! (A number 2, that is, a wet diaper should average about the same number of feedings) So yeah, I was very, very impressed with him. Oh, and he also washed his hands, after he entered the room and had touched the dirty door handle. Then when he sat down and typed stuff up on the computer, he washed his hands again before touching Eliana again! We had taken Eliana in because she was getting green goop in her eyes, and it spread from one eye to the other. I don't know the name of it, but I know that you need eye drops to get rid of it. So not only did he take care of her as far as her eyes went, but he checked everything else out as well. VERY impressed!! His name was Danny Lenord for the record, and a special thanks to him for doing a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment